Monday and Wednesday 8.30-3.30, Tuesday 8.30-4pm
Actively working towards Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- As an educator, and mother, I believe the most important aspect of early childhood education is nurturing a childs trust and confidence. I truly feel that it is integral that no child is to ever feel insecure and under valued and every child uniqueness should be celebrated. Confidence is the foundations to a successful, happy life and should be supported through relationships within preschool and experiences in the classroom.
- I also believe it is my duty as an educator to establish a fun, creative, caring, safe and positive learning environment within preschool in order to create treasured memories for every child attending Gumnuts.
- I feel that play is the key element for learning at pre-school aged children. It is important that we provide activities and an environment that not only promotes cognitive and physical development but also nurture social skills and promote positive friendships.
- Due to the seriousness of environmental issues of today I feel, as an educator, it is essential we consistently provide opportunities for our children to build upon their connection to the natural world in order to promote the need for caring and nurturing our environment.
- I understand in order to be responsive to every childs needs and interests it is integral that I am always open to learning and constantly striving to improve my skills as an educator.
- I feel that families are an extremely important part of our community preschool and will aways make myself available and approachable at all times. I’m looking forward to working with all the wonderful children and their beautiful families at Gumnut’s preschool over the coming year!